Our topic this half term is called Mission Possible and we will be delving into the wonderful world of spies and espionage through the ages! Where possible, teaching will be cross curricular: in English, the children will learn about the art of persuasion and produce an advert for a spy gadget that they have designed. Additionally, we will be writing our own action packed spy stories. In art, the children will design a blue print for their gadgets and will investigate people in motion. In geography, we will learn the important map skills required to become a top spy!
A few important reminders:
- PE days: Monday and Wednesday (make sure you have a kit suitable for outdoors and indoors including warm clothing and trainers if it is muddy.)
- Homework - set on a Friday and due in the following Thursday.
- Spellings will be tested on a Wednesday and the children will then receive new spellings.
- Reading is extremely important, especially in year 6 - remember to record in your reading records when you have read and try to read with an adult 3 times a week to earn reading rewards!
- Timestables - use the games on the weblinks below to practice as well as trying different strategies such as chanting, saying the inverse (e.g. 3x4 = 12 or 12 divided by 3 is 4), asking someone to test you, multiplying 3 or 4 numbers instead of just 2!
- I have included some useful SATs revision documents below which can be used at home.
Please make use of the revision resources I have added below: