Equipment: a dice
How to play:
Roll the dice to create your own unique dance! Each roll of the dice gives you a new dance move. Follow the instructions below and throw some shapes. Dance to music or your own rhythm, alone or with friends/family members. Use your imagination and maybe make up some moves of your own.
If you throw a...
1. Around the world – Balancing on one foot, spin around.
2. Leaping frog – Crouch down on the ground and jump up in the air, with your arms out wide.
3. Tippy tap – Stand with your hands on your hips, tap your foot in front of you, to the side and behind you. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Rollin’ – With your hands in fists, bend your arms out in front of you and roll one over the other, repeat four times and then roll them backwards.
5. Hip hop – Stand on one leg, with one arm straight above your head. Hop 3 times and punch the air each time. Repeat on the other leg.
6. Freestyle twist! – Go wild and try whatever moves feel fun. Try something different every time you throw a six.
Skill Tip: keep the moves simple and low to the floor to start with, then progress onto jumping higher
- Can you remember all 6 moves?
- Can you throw the dice twice and link those 2 moves together?
STEP principle of coaching/teaching- helps to engage, challenge and motivate everyone by altering one or more of the principles
Space - make your arms and legs straighter when you spin around to use the space more
Task – Going higher up on your tip toes increases the difficulty!
Equipment – Add in some background music to get you in the groove and also to give your brain something else to think about!!
People – Get a family member to join in- can they copy you?
Video No Video for this game