Welcome to Year 3!
Class teacher - Miss Jade Scuffil
Class teacher Wednesday afternoon - Mrs Hands
Class LSA - Mrs Ritchie
As of Monday 5th September 2022, there will no longer be staggered start times. Children should arrive at school between 8.30 and 8.40.
Home time: 3:00pm for all children.
- Children are expected to read 3-5 days a week at home. This can be alone or with an adult, but we encourage sharing books at home. This should be recorded in children's reading records, and must be signed by an adult. Reading certificates will be awarded when children have met the different milestones.
- Milestones: 50 times Bronze, 100 times Silver, 150 Gold and 250 Platinum.
Homework will be set on a Friday and is expected to be completed by the following Thursday. This includes:
- Spellings to be practised for a dictation lesson on a Thursday. Spellings will be set on Spelling Frame and a print out of the words will be sent home in their diary.
- Mirodo homework, to be completed online. Login information in front of reading records.
- Children are expected to practise times tables regularly. Being quick at recalling times tables supports lots of other maths learning that we do in school. Children can practise with others or on their own by using Times Tables Rockstars.
- Children might also like to complete one or more of the Nandos challenges! These are not compulsory, but are fun activities which relate to our topic.
Our PE days are Monday and Thursday. Weather permitting, we will have an outdoor session. Children should come to school in their PE kits and ensure they are prepared for all weather.
Children no longer have a snack provided for them from the government. If your child wishes to have a snack please provide a healthy snack from home.
Should you need to contact me, please feel free to message me on our class dojo and I will reply as quickly as possible.